Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Turning Point in Fahrenheit 451

I think the turning point, and my favorite part in the novel Fahrenheit 451 was when Guy was summoned to burn down the lady's house. It was at this point that Guy stole a book from the woman's house and kept it for his own. I think he realized then that what he was doing was wrong, so he took a book to sort of remember. Clarisse had gotten through to him after all, and he ended up stealing a book. It did make me sad that they had to burn down the house, but it seemed necessary for the flow of the novel. Then, when Guy gets home and feels sick, I went yayy! He is finally coming to his senses. Even after that when Guy pulls out all the books from his air vent, I was happy because he was doing something rebellious, and against the law. Of course, I am not trying to promote or believe in being rebellious and breaking the law, but in a novel like this, I found what Guy to be doing appropriate. Just because he had been told what to do and what not to do for so long, he was not an actual person anymore, in my opinion. He was basically a book burning fireman robot, who did what his fire chief told him to do. So like I said, when he stole the book I was actually happy. Also, because some action was finally occurring in the book. Because as I have said earlier, I do not like books with tons of talking. And up to that point, there had been a lot of talking, and not too much excitement. But, after Guy began to question himself and why he was actually burning the books and houses, I found the novel quite interesting and entertaining. Like I said, I think it was my favorite part because Guy was breaking out of his shell, and becoming who he himself wanted to be, despite breaking the law.

1 comment: