Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Journal 2: Mr. Pocket and the Mean Mrs. Koala.

Once upon a time, in Sydney Australia there lived a kangaroo named Mr. Pocket. Mr. Pocket had been born in Canberra, but moved to Sydney, Australia to be closer to the Sydney Opera House. Mr. Pocket loved to sing, therefore he wanted to be as close to the music as he could possibly be. One day Mr. Pocket was hopping along the road when he heard a beautiful voice coming from inside the Opera House. Bounding inside, Mr. Pocket found Mrs. Koala practicing. Amazed at how well Mrs. Koala was singing, Mr. Pocket said,
"Wow. Your singing is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could sing as well as you did."
"Well no one is ever going to be as good as me. I have been practicing my entire life to get where I am. There is no way someone as amateur as you will ever get to my level of perfection." said Mrs. Koala.
Sobbing, Mr. Pocket left the Opera House and bounced back home. For the rest of the day, Mr. Pocket moped and sat around the house, feeling extremely sad and depressed. When Mrs. Pocket arrived home, she found Mr. Pocket sitting there on the couch watching Mary Poppins and singing along, tears coursing down the fur on his face.

"What's wrong dear?" asked Mrs. Pocket when she saw her husband crying.
"Mrs. Koala said I had no chance of ever being a good singer, and she was totally mean about it." sobbed Mr. Pocket.
"Oh dear. Well you shouldn't listen to her. She is just trying to put you down to make herself look good, that's all."
"Well, I certainly don't feel much better" replied Mr. Pocket.

"Honey, you're a great singer, and don't let anyone ever tell you different." said Mrs. Pocket.
So, Mr. Pocket went into the Sydney opera house the next day and sang his heart out. He ended up getting a part in the upcoming musical, all thanks to Mrs. Pocket's good manners and good heart, she was able to help her husband become the first kangaroo to sing in the Sydney Opera House.

*I am not really the greatest author in the world...I just wanted to throw that out there. So, my story isn't all that great, just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment