Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Faber

Faber was a peculiar character. He reminded me a lot of a male and older Clarisse. Just because he also believed in reading books rather than burning them, and knew how times were back in the "old days." I was happy when I read that Guy was going to see Faber because after the loss of Clarisse I was starting to feel bad for Guy. I mean here he is trying to get society away from all the technology, and he has to do it by himself. His wife is completely obsessed in her daily television shows and he is there all alone. So, I was happy when Ray Bradbury brought Faber into the picture. I was glad there was another "anti-burner" because if there had not been, the book would have probably gotten real boring, real fast. Because Guy would have had to do everything by himself, and it would have probably not gone too well.

The thing I liked about Faber was how he did not have all of the technology in his house. I found at the end of the novel that he had just a small television wall screen to keep up with the rest of society, but he rarely used it. Faber also invented the ear bud green bullet things, which I thought were really cool. Faber hoped to one day have everyone on one large network, able to listen to what the other person had to say. That was Ray Bradbury's ideas of the bluetooth and cell phones. I also like how Faber was extremely cautious on the phone with Guy. When Guy first calls Faber, Faber is very anti-books and says no, all books you are talking about have been destroyed. That shows that Faber does not trust just anyone. Even when Guy shows up at Faber's house for the first time, Faber is hesitant to let him inside until he is sure he is alone. So I liked Faber as well, just because he reminded me a lot of Clarisse, and he helped Guy out when he was in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment