Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Sunday, August 1, 2010

Predictions for Fahrenheit 451

So far, Guy has met a girl, Clarisse who has made him think a lot. She tells Guy of a time when firemen would put out fires instead of burn them. When Guy gets home, he finds his wife overdosed on sleeping pills, and has to have all new blood put into her. My dad asked me why I thought books were prohibited, and I think it is because the government or society does not wish people to be independent or use their imagination. I predict that Guy will become separated from his wife, as she is caught up in all the hype and media. Guy will continue to spend time with Clarisse and eventually try to make the law banning books to be overthrown. However, I do not think Guy will realize the consequences of his ideas, and it could get him into trouble. I do not believe Guy is going to let the ideas and possibilities Clarisse suggested out of his head, as there are many possible, though dangerous, ideas for him to pursue. I could tell Clarisse had an impact on Guy, as he did not brush her off like many others before, according to Clarisse. In addition, Guy continues to think about what she said as he goes home. I did notice the relationship, even early on, between Guy and Mildred is dwindling. Mildred is all about staying up on the modern times and fitting in, while Guy seems to be the complete opposite. Therefore, I predict their relationship is going to go downhill eventually. I hope Guy spends more time with Clarisse, as she makes Guy think and seems like a good character. I believe that as soon as Guy sees what the society has done to his wife, he will have no one to turn to for guidance. However, Clarisse will be there for him, and together they can try to bring books and knowledge back into the world, getting rid of a majority of the media and technology that is taking over their everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment