Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Thursday, August 12, 2010

Final Thoughts On My Final Blog

My last blog. Yay! I was sitting wondering what my last topic was going to be, and I decided to reflect on the past couple of months and the three books I read this summer: The Grapes of Wrath, The Old Man and the Sea, and Fahrenheit 451. All three were exceptionally well written, and I can see why they were put on the list. They all made me think after I was done reading, which I found to be a good thing since I do not usually think about a book after I am finished with it. The Grapes of Wrath was a very long novel, but I am glad I read it first. I read a majority of it while on vacation, which I found appropriate, given the fact that the Joad family was also taking a journey, though not as pleasant. I found it to be very insightful, despite the fact that it was historical fiction. There were very good descriptions given and just a well written book. The Old Man and the Sea was somewhat boring to me at first. It was not a difficult novel to read, but once again, it made me think afterwards. I was just thinking about what I would do if in Santiago's position and how I would handle the situation at hand. I believe Hemingway did a good job writing the novel, and I am glad it was a short novel also. Otherwise, I would have thought it to be just like a drawn out Life of Pi. The third and final novel, which was also my favorite, was Fahrenheit 451. I saved it for last for exactly that reason. I did not really want to have to write a paper on it, and I wanted to be able to take my time enjoying it without the rush of a deadline. Now given, I still had to have the deadline of the blogs, but I was able to read the novel and not have to write a paper on it. I think I liked Fahrenheit 451 the most because one, it was written by Ray Bradbury, and two, it was the most entertaining story to read. It kept me interested all the way through to the end. The other two novels I just wanted to get done with. But with Fahrenheit 451, I thought it a lot more interesting, and not a typical novel I would expect to find on a summer English reading list. So I did enjoy all three novels I read, but Fahrenheit 451 was my favorite out of the three.

No comments:

Post a Comment