Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Mechanical Hounds

Ok. So these things seriously freaked me out. I mean, they are cool sounding and kudos to Ray Bradbury for thinking of them. But as I was reading I was really confused at first as to what these things did exactly, or what it even was. Because I thought it might be a car at first, but then I was talking to Ryan at band camp and I re-read part of a paragraph and was like, "Oh, the Hound is a giant mechanical electronic fire dog." Which, I thought was kind of cool at first, because it was not the typical Dalmatian fire dog. Instead it was giant and mechanical. However, its purpose was to sniff out books and "bad guys" is what I gathered from the novel. Especially when it was threatening and freaking out Guy. Then I was thinking how not nice these hounds were. In a way, I kept thinking of Star Wars droids. Yes I seriously just brought Star Wars into an English blog. But, I pictured the hound as a mix between a droideka and a battle droid, minus the whole take over the galaxy and rule the world thing. That's just what I was imagining this giant hound to look like. I did not actually picture a dog at first even though it is called a hound. I did not make the connection right away.

But like I said, these things freaked me out because they could sniff out your DNA, and find you no matter where you went. However, they obviously could not always find you, as Guy managed to escape into the river. But still. I would hate to have a giant robotic hound chasing me just for trying to read a book. Although, Guy did a bit more than read a book. He kind of burned his fire chief and house down and then fled. But still. They certainly did make me intimidated by Ray Bradbury's descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment