Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Ending

Ok, so I am reading Fahrenheit 451, and I am really getting into the novel when BOOM! The book is over...literally with a boom. What happened? I mean, sure Bradbury had to end the novel sometime, but not in the way he did. That is the one thing I did not like about the novel: the ending. Because Guy is getting chased by the police and a mechanical hound, he goes into the river, causing the hound to lose his scent. Then, the police pick an innocent man to kill in the place of Guy as they cannot admit defeat, and Guy meets up with other people just like him. How coincidental is that? Now I get that it is a novel, and needs to have a somewhat happy ending. But seriously? I half expected Clarisse and Faber to show up and they could have a happy book reading party. Then, the entire city just explodes? Now I get that maybe it was a nuclear war or something like that was occurring at that time. But, it is just really convenient that Guy and the group he is traveling with now did not get caught up in the nuclear blast. Because, I am assuming that is what hit the city. Another question I came up with: how are they going to rebuild society with just a couple of books? Because they have pretty much no other supplies other than a couple of books, blankets, and things of that nature. Who's to say that Guy and his buddies are the only remaining men alive in the nation. How is society going to be reborn from them? That part did not make much sense to me either. However, I will give credit to Ray Bradbury for writing an extremely good book. It definitely made me think, and left me with a lot of questions, but ones that could not have been answered in the novel. I would have to ask Ray Bradbury himself these questions. Just because, this novel actually made me think. I got done reading it and just sort of sat there wondering what just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment