Quote



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

-Ferris Bueller from Ferris Bueller's Day Off







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Journal 40: My Self

For my personal self, I think that I value my family and friends a lot, and definitely do not see myself going and writing about the fact that I have feelings for females, which would just be totally weird. But, that is what Whitman chose to write about, which I guess is whatever floats his boat. So now that I am actually trying to write this journal, I do not exactly remember what I am supposed to be writing about. I mean, yeah I do have values and stuff like that, but I do not know if they make up my self? I do not know what classifies it as self per se just because now I am having to think back to before spring break. Basically, though, I value my family the most. Just because they are who I spend most of my time with, and are always there no matter what. Like yesterday I was not in a good mood for whatever reason, but they just let me be, and it was all good. I keep coming back to this blog, because it is the only one I have yet to finish, but I guess I have just been too lazy to actually finish it. Anyways, track is a big part of who I am, and what makes me part of my "self." I started running back in sixth grade and have done fairly well ever since. I like having something in my life that I am somewhat good at, and that I can use to relieve stress or to do well at. I guess that is mainly why I like running so much. Just because I enjoy the thrill of running and succeeding. Just this past weekend I had a meet, and lost the 4x4 relay by .01. I was the anchor leg and the battle was for 2nd place, and we ended up getting second. But I felt good afterwards, which is weird to say, but like, I can't really explain it, but I just liked the feeling afterwards of not being able to feel my legs, even though I lost. Because, winning isn't everything as that cliched saying goes. Maybe it isn't cliched, but I don't know. So my self consists of my family, friends, and track, and I am finally wrapping up this blog after taking like two months to finish it. I blame Vaclav for not getting it done, as he has a tendency to distract me when I'm trying to finish these....

No comments:

Post a Comment